Updated: Mar 9, 2020
Nothing says game day more than buffalo chicken wings! This fool proof recipe is a great accompaniment for watching all the games and entertaining guests! Just a few simple ingredients, and voila! You'll have mouth watering, restaurant quality wings!
Tips to Consider:
Getting that crispiness...
One of the secrets to crispy wings is baking powder. No need for flour, friends! Your celiac homies can rest easy with this one! The baking powder assists in keeping the wings extra crispy, so they don't get soggy after being tossed in wing sauce, and they hold their crunchy consistency amazing (no, you cannot substitute with baking soda).
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: (Approximately) 1 hr
Yield: 4 servings
What You'll Need:
2-2.5 lbs wingettes and drummies
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 TBSP baking powder
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (I love the Sweet Baby Ray's brand because it's creamier)
1 TBSP vegetable oil
Ranch and blue cheese dressing, for serving
*Preheat oven to 450
1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil and rub your tablespoon of vegetable oil to ensure the wings really don't get stuck.
2. To a large mixing bowl, put your wingettes and drummies inside and sprinkle with the kosher salt and pepper and toss around with a tong. Next, dust over your baking powder a bit at a time, doing the same tossing to ensure each wing is coated evenly.
3. Spread the wings out evenly onto your baking sheet, ensuring there is enough room in between to allow steam to escape (otherwise the wings will steam and won't crisp up). Bake your wings for about 45-50 minutes until crispy and chicken juices run clear. You can always poke one with a sharp knife and press out the juices to ensure there is no pink.
4. Remove from oven and place your wings into another mixing bowl. Pour the wing sauce over them and use a tong to toss the wings to coat them evenly in the sauce.
5. Serve with blue cheese and ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to post a photo and tag @boujeekitchen_ on instagram and hashtag it #boujeekitchen
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.